If you’re a queer traveler eager to return to Bali or make your first trip to a tropical paradise, you’re in luck. After almost two years of coronavirus closure, its government announced that from March 14, vaccinated travelers would no longer need to quarantine upon arrival.
However, fully vaccinated Americans must present a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours before their flight to Bali and will also have to take another PCR test upon landing. While they await results they’ll be transferred to a pre-booked CHSE-certified hotel of the traveler’s choosing, where they’ll be free to move around after receiving a negative PCR result, but also required to stay a minimum of three nights and take another test on day three. Once that day three test comes back negative, they’re free to leave the hotel.
You also need a Visa to get into Bali, and thankfully, both the UK and US are on the country’s Visa-on-Arrival list along with South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, China, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, India, Mexico, Norway, Poland, Seychelles, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and Tunisia.
VOA- Visa on Arrival Conditions
- Passport must have a least a minimum of 6 months of validity
- RETURN air flight ticket (or one-way outward journey from Bali)
- Must be full vaccinated with WHO authorized vaccinations, and the 2nd vaccination must have been given at least 14 days prior to departure
- 1 x COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson, Sputnik V, or Convidecia are accepted
International Travelers Entry Conditions
- International travelers 0 – 17 DO NOT require to show COVID-19 Vaccination proof
- International travelers 18 years and above require to be fully vaccinated
- COVID-19 recovery does not count as vaccination
- A Negative COVID-19 PCR test (2 x 24 hours) before arrival in Bali
- Vaccination proof can be uploaded as part of the eHAC requirement
In case the system fails clients can present a physical copy of EU or WHO Vaccination proofs (fully vaccinated)
- Upon arrival at DPS Airport, ground staff can help to integrate data into PEDULI LINDUNGI APP
- Travel insurance with COVID-19 coverage per person (booking online through: https://www.jagawisata.com/COVID19/). or check with your CHSE certified accommodation if they offer the Jaga Wisata as part of the add on service when booking your stay
- Download Peduli Lindungi APP
- Register e-CD (Electronic Custom Declaration)
Rules and guidelines are subject to change, so make sure to check the tourism board’s official website for the most up-to-date entry conditions.